The Libertarian Party (LP) is your representative in American politics. It is the only political organization which respects you as a unique and responsible individual.
Our slogan is that we are “The Party of Principle”, because we stand firmly on our principles.
Libertarians strongly oppose any government interference into their personal, family, and business decisions. Essentially, we believe all Americans should be free to live their lives and pursue their interests as they see fit as long as they do no harm to another.
Founded in 1971, we run many hundreds of candidates every election cycle. These candidates seek positions ranging from City Council to President of the United States. Each of these candidates helps to give liberty a voice.
As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty: a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and are not forced to sacrifice their values for the benefit of others.
We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.
Consequently, we defend each person’s right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power.
THE LIBERTARIAN OPTION
Libertarianism Began As A Philosophy…
Before libertarianism was a political movement, it was the most brilliant, beautiful, political philosophy ever devised by man. It was born from the understanding that individual, social, political, and economic freedom was the cornerstone of prosperity. This “small-l” libertarian ideology still guides the “big-L” Libertarian Party. Over the centuries, this philosophy has been refined to a few key principles which guide Libertarians today:
- We seek to substantially reduce the size and intrusiveness of government and cut and eliminate taxes at every opportunity.
- We believe that peaceful, honest people should be able to offer their goods and services to willing consumers without any interference from government.
- We believe that peaceful, honest people should decide for themselves how to live their lives, without fear of criminal or civil penalties so long as they do not infringe on the rights of others.
- We believe that government’s only responsibility, if any, should be protecting people from force and fraud.
HELP THE REMNANT—NOT THE STATE
The System Doesn’t Work
Dark money, organized labor unions, corporatism, State-run media, and political mechanisms that operate in secrecy, have done everything possible to ensure that the legacy parties’ power and influence remains unquestioned. Revisionist history and staunch politicization has most convinced too many people for too long that the United States was always supposed to operate under a two-party system. Nothing could be further from the truth, and the reality of the situation is that this system simply does not work for most Americans. In this century alone, we’ve expereinced:
- Totalitarianism under the guise of “well-intentioned” executive orders which have caused mass confusion and political strife.
- The biggest transfer of wealth in the history of mankind from hard-working Americans to corporations who have in-turn used that money to gain more political influence.
- The longest war in this country’s history and involvement in new ones.
- The most egregious encroachment into the personal and professional lives of average Americans.
IT'S TIME TO MAKE THE LEGACY PARTIES A THING OF THE PAST
We Want To Take Over…And Leave You Alone
At the local, state, and federal level, libertarians are working hard to get the government out of your life and restore the power back to the individual. Every American deserves the promises enshrined in the Bill of Rights. Every American has the right to declare their independence from the government that interferes with their liberty at every opportunity. A few of our major goals include:
- The reduction, if not complete eradication, of taxes at every level to allow people to keep more of their hard-earned money.
- The reduction, if not complete elimination of the size and scope of government that only gets bigger year after year to allow people to make the best choices for themselves.
- The promotion and support of the removal of limits on all personal freedoms.
- Ending US involvement in all foreign wars and military conflicts.
THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY: THE PARTY OF PRINCIPLE
The Libertarian Party Continues To Grow!
We’ve continued to see support and interest in the Libertarian Party grow, especially over the last few years. Americans are sick and tired of having their rights stripped by politicians and bureaucrats who wield unchecked power. They’re sick and tired of having their money stolen and allocated to less than noble causes. They’re sick and tired of having the political elite tell them what’s acceptable and what isn’t. People are right to expect more, and want more. Joining the Libertarian Party helps put individual rights at the forefront of politics!
SUPPORT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING THE WORK!
Not everyone can get directly involved the Libertarian Party for any number of reasons, but joining the Libertarian Party goes a long way to making it the vehicle it was always intended to be. Your dues make the hard work possible!