PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, location, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you enroll in our newsletter, make a purchase, or join the Libertarian Party of California, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, phone number, and other descriptive information. We refer to this information as “User Information.”
If you make any contribution (including any purchase) on or through the Services, your payment information (e.g., credit or debit card type, number and expiration date) and related information (e.g., physical address) may be collected by us and/or our third-party payment processors.
To comply with Federal election law and the regulations of the Federal Election Commission, we are required to make our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employer of individuals whose contributions aggregate in excess of $200 per election cycle. Generally, contributions are non-refundable. Should you choose to contribute, you will receive an email confirmation of your contribution.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use this Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Send you LPC and affiliated committees’ marketing, promotional, e-mails, messages, and other correspondence and notifications regarding the Services;
- Contact you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Services you have registered to use;
- Send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- Market and promote the Services, including, without limitation, promotions and other initiatives and activities;
- Respond to your questions or other requests;
- Tailor your experience on the Services and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit and use the Services;
- Track your return visits to and use of the Services;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide us with the information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the Services or other related product and/or service requested;
- For research purposes, for marketing/promotional purposes and/or to provide anonymous reporting for Third Party Platforms, etc.;
- Accumulate and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Services and user activity;
- Determine which features and Services users like best to help us operate the Services, enhance and improve our Services and the Site and display advertising and marketing information;
- Save certain information for your ongoing use of the Services.
- We use the Device Information to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our users browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example:
- We use Sendgrid as our ESP–you can read more about how Sendgrid uses your Personal Information here: https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Neon as a CRM—you can read more about how Neon uses your Personal Information here: https://neonone.com/privacypolicy/
The LPC is not responsible for the privacy practices of any websites, applications, interfaces, services, and platforms operated by such third parties that are linked to, rely on, and/or are integrated with the Services.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When provided to us, we will maintain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
To request information relating to your rights under California law, email us (with subject “California Disclosure Information”) at email@example.com. We will respond to such requests for information access within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address below). If we receive your request at a different email or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received.
We implement safeguards you protect your privacy and security. However, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully access transmissions or private communications despite our efforts. We therefore make no guarantees regarding the security of user information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
770 L Street #950, Sacramento, CA, 95814, United States