We support the rights of individuals to form private relationships as they see fit, either by contract or by mutual agreement. We regard marriage as one such private relationship. The State of California should not dictate, prohibit, control, or encourage any such private relationship. To implement this principle, we advocate:
- The repeal of all marriage and marriage dissolution laws and their replacement by contracts where desired by the parties.
- Property not specified as “community property” not being presumed as such.
- The repeal of all alimony laws.
- The recognition in law of marriage contracts as an addition to, or replacement for, marriage and marriage dissolution laws.
- The right of all consenting adults to form marriage contracts without regard to gender, sexual preference, degree of consanguinity, or number of parties to said contracts.
- Until such time as the state of California ends its involvement in marriage, we call upon the state to issue marriage licenses to any adults without regard to gender