California’s energy crises are caused by the state’s interference in energy markets. We support:
- The creation of free markets for all energy types through the repeal of all government controls over energy prices to consumers and costs to distributors.
- The right of persons to build, own or use refineries, pipelines, power generation units, or any other asset, as long as they don’t violate the rights of others.
- The abolition of the federal Department of Energy and the California Public Utilities Commission and their component agencies, without the transfer of their powers elsewhere in government.
- Privatizing all government-owned energy assets such as the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, the power marketing agencies, and mineral-bearing onshore and off-shore lands.
- The refusal of government agencies to permit the development of energy sources located on government-held land.
- Any government requirements intended solely to conserve energy, such as artificially-low speed limits, subsidies for insulation, and preferential treatment for users of “alternative” energy sources.
- Any taxes on energy producers.
- Implementation by California of federal programs for coercive government control of energy production, distribution or use.