We reject the idea that the financing and control of education is a proper function of government, and call for the privatization of public education in California. Therefore, we advocate the following:
- An end to compulsory busing.
- An end to compulsory school attendance.
- An end to interference with home schooling, in particular, an end to the policy in some counties of not allowing home schooling parents to file private school affidavits, and an end to the effort by local truant officers and social workers to control who can teach and what they can teach.
- Repeal of the Proposition 98 funding guarantee for K-14 public education.
- Unlimited tax credit, equal to the amount of the assistance, for any individual or business sponsoring a person in an educational institution.
- An end to licensing and regulation of private and parochial schools.
- Allowing students to attend any school regardless of district boundaries.
- Resisting the introduction of federally mandated or encouraged national education standards, such as common core.
- An end to government or tax-funded pre-school programs.
- A replacement of tax funding of government schools, at all levels, with tuition or other voluntary means.
- An end to government subsidy of private education and an end to all government subsidies to students, such as Pell Grants and the federal student loan program.
- An end to tax-financed research (such as research in military hardware and techniques, farming techniques and applications of high technology) in California educational institutions.
- Retention of tax-exempt status for all private schools, including religiously-affiliated schools.
- Abolition of California's monopoly lottery system for finance of education.