We support the right of private citizens and organizations to rightfully acquire natural resources for the purpose of conservation. However, the desire to conserve natural resources is not a valid excuse for the violation of individual rights, and we therefore oppose such violations.
We oppose government-mandated conservation. Conservation should be the choice of the owners of private property. We therefore advocate:
- That methods be devised for the transference to private ownership of all currently unowned and government-held property, including waterways and airspace.
- That conservationists buy areas or resources they wish to conserve.
- The repeal of laws mandating the recycling of waste products and laws offering government loans to finance recycling plants.
- That laws providing for governmental protection of endangered species be repealed, allowing private wildlife groups and private conservancy funds to assume responsibility for such efforts.
- That all conservation laws controlling or regulating the use, development, sale, or production of resources – e.g., land, minerals and woodlands – be repealed.
- That private deed restrictions be the method of choice to conserve natural resources for future generations.