Los Rios Trustee Area 7
Raised as a first-generation Cuban American, my mother taught me the importance of hard work, diligence, and compassion for others. When both my Grandparents, along with my mother and aunt, were exiled from the island, they had very little in their pockets. It was a difficult experience but they never took for granted the opportunities and empathy they received.
In 2018, I noticed a dramatic increase in taxation affecting working families and a rapid increase in the number of those homeless on the streets. I could no longer stand on the sidelines and be a spectator.
I joined the Sacramento Taxpayers Association and currently a Vice President of the organization to stop tax increases on working families.
I have fought:
- Measure U(Sales Tax Increase for Government Slush Fund),
- Measure E( Homeowner Tax Increase For Los Rios Infrastructure)
- Measure A(Doubling The Existing Sales Tax Increase for “Transportation”)
And countless others with broad coalitions such as the Sacramento NAACP, SacLatino Roundtable, etc.
In my free time, I enjoy going rock climbing and camping with my wife who I have been with for 12 years. Advocating for election reforms with my organization Californians for Democratic Reforms and attending CSU Chico as a Masters in Public Administration Graduate Student.
List of Accomplishments/Titles
- Happily Married
- Vice President of Sacramento Taxpayers Association
- Outreach Director of Sacramento Taxpayers Association
- Spokesperson of Californians for Democratic Reforms
- Board Member of Californians for Electoral Reforms
- Business Owner
- Proud Community College Graduate
- Bachelors of Arts in Public Administration
- Masters of Public Administration Graduate Student
- Real Estate Salesperson