Friday through Sunday, April 1-3, 2016
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
5711 West Century Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Or register by phone: (916) 446-1776
LPC’s Saturday, April 2, 2016 9:00 am to Sunday, April 3, 2016 5:00 pm convention agenda will be as required in LPC’s Convention Rule 6: Agenda.
(Ellipses below indicate omitted requirements for conventions in odd-numbered years.)
“Rule 6: Agenda
The business of the convention shall consist of the following items, and shall be conducted in the following order:
- A. Credentials report;
- B. Reports of the Party officers and working committees;
- C. Consent calendar;
- D. …in even-numbered years, the Platform Committee report;
- E. Elections, in the following order:
- 1. …In even-numbered years to fill the unexpired terms of vacated Party officers;
- 2. At-large Executive Committee members;
- 3. At-large Executive Committee alternates;
- 4. Judicial Committee members;
- 5. At Party conventions immediately preceding national conventions, national convention delegates, Libertarian National Committee representatives and alternates;
- F. …In even-numbered years, the Bylaw Committee report;
- G. In a Presidential election year, the Presidential Straw Poll, roll call vote, one vote only;
- H. Endorsements of candidates;
- I. Resolutions and other matters;The Secretary shall cause the minutes of the previous day’s session to be distributed or to be plainly posted each morning. The minutes of the convention shall be approved by the Executive Committee within ninety days of the convention’s close.”
- January 1, 2016 – Deadline for new members to join who wish to serve as delegates at the 2016 convention.
- February 21, 2016 – Deadline for Early Admission Reservations. Prices go up at midnight, February 21.
- March 2, 2016 – COUNTY PARTIES: Deadline to select volunteers for Platform Committee. If you’re an elected officer in an LPC County Party, please read Bylaw 15: Committees; Section 3: Platform Cmte on page 14, and select your committee volunteer to serve on this year’s Platform Committee.
- March 11, 2013 – Deadline for Hilton Los Angeles Airport discounted room rate. Any unsold rooms in our room block will be released for sale to the public.
- March 30, 2016 2:00 pm – Deadline for mailed Advance Admission Reservations. All mailed reservations must reach our office before we leave for LA.
- March 31, 2016 – Deadline for online Advance Admission Reservations.
- March 31, 2016, 5:00 pm – Deadline to register online for 2016 convention. All reservations must be completed before 5:00 pm to avoid at the door pricing.
Only members in good standing are eligible to become voting delegates. If you need to know your membership standing, please contact Gale Morgan at email@example.com or (916) 446-1776. He can help you join the Party or renew your membership over the phone with your credit or debit card. Annual membership is only $25 and is good until the end of that month one year later. Or you can join or renew your membership through our secure online page.
Essentially, membership in good standing entails three things:
- Your signed Non-initiation of Force certificate in the Party’s files
- Not registered to vote as anything other than Libertarian or No Party Preference if you’re eligible to vote in California
- Membership dues current, or currently serving in public office that you won running as a Libertarian
If you haven’t been a member of the Libertarian Party of California for at least 90 days, you might still become a voting delegate. Each member of the state Party’s Executive Committee can seat one current Party member to be a delegate. Call our office at (916) 446-1776 to see if we can accommodate you.